10.2.09

Post- the tenth: In which she visits Noyant and commences courses and purchases a mobile (or Cats&cows&sheep&roosters, oh my!)

I have been delinquent in posting. That must mean I have been busy! Last weekend I visited Doris in frigid Noyant, south of here. Why did I doubt her when she insisted that Noyant is the middle of nowhere? Note to readers: do not doubt Doris. See pictures below! It was wonderful to spend time with my old college friend, meet her mom, and their kitten Seurat. We also visited Noyant's Buddhist Pagoda, among the few things to do in Noyant. So, mostly, we stayed in and baked. Yum. Then I came home to Conflans. I like Conflans very much, especially downtown by the water; it has character, but is small enough to not be overwhelming. I also came home to classes! Yay! Wednesday was a full day: 9-12 Company Law, 2-4 French Tutoring, 6-8 French Class. I made friends from Holland and Iceland. We are all in the same level of French as well as the same law programme. There are so many people from a so many places, each with their intriguing stories!


Between classes I also managed to purchase a cell phone/mobile/portable/call it whatever you want it connects me to the world (in perhaps all the worst ways). It was cheap. So, if you have some absurd desire to hear my voice, message me/e-mail me/what have you and I'll give you the number. No guarantees if it will actually function, but thus far I have received several calls and made a couple. My brief call from mom in the U.S. was really fantastic-- especially to hear Misty T. Cat meowing into the phone at me. Mom also claims she (the cat, not mom, herself) was "head-butting" the phone when she heard my voice! This, as well as licking people, is Misty's way of getting possessive and showing some love. Génial!
Now, today, Thursday, I have just returned home from a very productive day of: (1) locating the law firm I need to go to for a class in Paris next week, (2)exchanging some travellers cheques and learning that the reason the exchange rate was better to purchase them initially was because I now get assessed a pesky 2% fee to redeem them for paper euros, and (3) my time with Adrien-- the French computer student with whom I'm doing a little language exchange thingo. It was really fun. We went to the bowling alley in Cergy. I am crummy at bowling. C'est dommage! The only annoyance, really, was me having to catch the infernal train to make it back to Conflans before I'd have to walk! I am beginning to feel like I live my life dictated by train schedules....


Well, this appears to be sufficiently lengthy.... As my uncle says...it is clear I am going to become a lawyer because I write so much! Au revoir!

-A

1 comment:

  1. Never doubt Doris. I've learned that much. :)
    -QB

    ReplyDelete