19.2.09

Post- le treizième: waiting games

1.



Dear Eurail (http://www.eurail.com/), where is my train pass? Je veux partir à Rome! Maintenant! Well, okay...maybe Monday. UPS France is having issues delivering this pass. I just want Corporate Governance Class tomorrow afternoon, French Class tomorrow evening, the Geomoov (http://geomoov.idoo.com/index.html) boat trip on the Seine Saturday night, and ITALY early next week! So much for 2 day international delivery on the train pass! Why with two failed delivery attempts yesterday (merci, online tracking) did they not leave a card to tell me how to claim my colis?



Every truck excites undue attention today-- ooooh, a bakery truck! a garbage truck! utilities trucks with ladders! But where are you package delivery truck? S'il vous plaît! Would flying (ironically the best rates were Lufthansa via Frankfurt)have been better?! Remind me, why do I cave to peer pressure? Ethan?



2.



While I'm whining in such an unbecoming fashion, let me add, I want l'hiver-- winter-- to be over. It is not that it is particularly cold. It isn't. It has only snowed twice since I arrived, and both were mere dustings. It is just that I appear to be the only person in this country, maybe on this entire continent, with un manteau rouge-- a red coat. I eagerly await the day I can go out without awkwardly drifting through of the sea of mud-colored coats.



3.



I successfully baked a batch of apricot-almond rugelach! Yippy skippy! On that sweet note, let me return to awaiting the arrival of this delivery. I feel somewhat trapped. I would like to run now that my knee is much improved from my fall last week at Gare Saint-Lazare, but I'm afraid I will miss any attempted delivery if I even go a couple of miles.... And so I go....

1 comment:

  1. Hey, it doesn't count as peer pressure if it's 100% logical!

    ReplyDelete