9.8.10

The return of the suitcases

I have been delinquent. A little over a year ago I promised to start posting again on my "next" trip to France. Since that promise I have been back and forth to France three times without a post. Je m'excuse.


In my own defense, I was on crutches with a broken foot during my 2-week August 2009 trip (lesson: DO NOT make a transatlantic flight with a recently broken bone). Misty T. Kitty was less than impressed too....


My 1-week January 2010 trip I flew Boston-Iceland-Paris (this was pre-volcano-unpronounceable's spewing) I was jetlagged enough and my hosts were in an awkward enough way that again no posts (lesson: $470 roundtrip airfare might just be too out of the way, adding 4ish extra hours onto the trip in each direction, that it becomes not worth it).



Then, on my 2.5 day June 2010 trip I was only on French soil for a long weekend and I spent about 89% of that meager time studying for the NY Bar Examination (lesson: yes, a long weekend in Europe is entirely possible...but just not during bar prep)!


BIG take away lesson: All of these trips over the last year were shorter (2 weeks), and shorter (1 week), and then shorter yet (2.5 days!) in length. That's not right. So, with an eye toward remedying that, this Friday I'm moving to France.


Thus, the RETURN OF THE SUITCASES! Which, on my first trip back in January 2009, I was allowed to bring 2 for the price of my plane ticket. This trip I will be charged $50 extra for my second suitcase. Sorry, American Airlines, a transatlantic move will be impossible in just one suitcase.... Plus, the cat's put on some weight since the last trip and gotten way feistier about trying to make her way not just on top of the suitcase, but actually into it....

No comments:

Post a Comment